The polls are open for RN&R's Annual Best of Northern Nevada contest, and we are excited to be in the running! Please show your support for local businesses by voting for at least 10 of your favorites. Just click on the image above to get to the ballot. Thank you for your support.
Please click LIKE below to share your pride in the local economy with your friends!
Hurray! The time has finally come! The Antique Angel has been facilitating ceremonies for the gay/lesbian community since its doors opened--and now these ceremonies will be official, not only in your hearts, but in the eyes of the State of Nevada!
You may pick up your marriage license at the Marriage Bureau off Wells Avenue and 9th Street:
Marriage License Information
Marriage Licenses are $60.
Marriage licenses are sold at:
Washoe County Complex
1001 E 9th Street
Building A, First Floor
Click to see Marriage License Hours.
Once you receive your license, we encourage you to bring it to the Antique Angel Wedding Chapel for safe-keeping until your big day. Many couples, in the excitement of the day, forget to bring their license which delays the ceremony.
The Antique Angel offers a variety of chapel settings and rooms. We are the largest wedding chapel in Reno, and can easily accommodate multiple wedding parties at the same time!
Outside ministers are welcome and encouraged!
We look forward to hosting and/or performing your ceremony during this momentous time in your lives and in history!
As weddings have evolved to match the personalities of the bride and groom down to the tiniest detail, the need for one-time ministers has increased. The Antique Angel Wedding Chapel welcomes outside ministers and officiants to perform wedding ceremonies.
"Because we have multiple chapel rooms, we're able to accommodate other ministers and their parties. We absolutely enjoy playing the host while the minister takes care of the ceremony," comments Bev Van Dusseldorp, lead minister at the Antique Angel.
We understand that not all brides and grooms fit into our traditional ceremony. We applaud officiants who expertly work through the unique religious and relational needs of a couple and turn it into a beautiful ceremony. We want to open our doors to outside ministers and your very special ceremony!
We are happy to direct you to the answers on becoming a minister or getting permission to perform a wedding ceremony. Please call us at 775-337-1655 to find answers on the following:
• Is there a fee for processing an Application for Authority to Solemnize Marriages?
• Where do I send the application?
• Why do I have to have a background check?
• How long does it take to process the application and for the certificate to be issued?
• Can the certificate be picked up or mailed to a different address from the one on the application?
• What if I change my church or religious organization or if my church or religious organization moves to a new location?
• What if I change my address?
• How do I change my current certificate to Retired Clergy Status??
• How does a minister, church or religious official or notary public get removed from the database if he/she is deceased, has moved, is no longer serving a church or religious organization, is no longer authorized to solemnize marriages through their church or religious organization, or is no longer a notary public?
• If I belong to a church or religious organization that was just started and I am the senior pastor or President of the Board, who can complete the Affidavit of Authority to Solemnize Marriages on my behalf?
• How long is the certificate valid?
• Are faxed copies of the paperwork acceptable?
• The wedding is to take place within a few days. Is it possible to obtain the Certificate of Authority to Solemnize Marriages in time to perform the wedding?
• I am a licensed, ordained or appointed minister, or church or religious official; may I obtain permission to perform a specific wedding ceremony in Nevada?
• I am an out-of state licensed, ordained or appointed minister, or church or religious official; may I obtain permission to perform a specific wedding ceremony in Nevada?
• I am a notary public in another state; can I obtain authorization to perform a ceremony in Nevada?
• I am a judge in another state; can I obtain authorization to perform a ceremony in Nevada?
• I am a retired Nevada judge; am I still authorized to perform marriage ceremonies?
• How do I become a minister or other person authorized to solemnize marriages?
• What are my responsibilities after the wedding ceremony?
We look forward to being of assistance to you in your officiant journey!
The Antique Angel Wedding Chapel is unlike any other chapel in town, but it's possible your cab driver or hotel concierge did not get the memo!
Here are a few tips to make sure you're at the RIGHT wedding chapel:
If you answered YES to these questions, then you're at the Antique Angel Wedding Chapel!
If you answered NO, please call us for directions at 775-337-1655. It's possible you're at another local chapel!
Vow Renewal ceremonies are a beautiful way to show your love, and commitment to your relationship.
Whether you've been married for decades, or never had an official ceremony, a vow renewal may be right for you!
Vow Renewal ceremonies look a lot like a wedding, just without the paperwork or the stress!
Stop in during your lunch hour, on a special weekend, or on a day that has some specia
Once upon a time people were married in a church, and while there was much laughter and excitement before and after the wedding, the actual ceremony was quiet and serious. Why? Because digital cameras hadn't been invented, yet!
We perform several weddings each week, and we have observed that the most special ceremonies are the ones with the fewest flashes. When guests respect the bride and the groom and the exchanging of vows so much that they put their phones and their cameras away, something really wonderful happens. The bride and groom become the center of attention; the guests get to hear every vow, every promise. The entire wedding party affirms their agreement and their support, as they sit in silence!
Hey, the ceremony is only 15 minutes--you can do it!
We charge $25 for use of outside photo and video cameras. Thank you for your cooperation with our photo policy.
How to get married in Reno:
1) Find someone to marry (this part might take some time; be patient!).
2) Get your marriage license at:
Washoe County Complex
1001 E 9th Street
The license is $60, payable in cash, money order or traveler's check. Both the bride and groom must purchase the license in person, together.
Bride and Groom must be at least 18 years old. Bring photo ID to prove your name and age (see other documents that are acceptable for proof of identity). If you have been divorced in the past, know what year the divorce occurred.
3) Bring your license to the Antique Angel Wedding Chapel, and make your reservation! In Reno, weddings can be performed seven days a week. Unlike Las Vegas, weddings are NOT performed all night! If you are set on a specific time to get married, make a reservation and deposit beforehand.
4) Get married! If you do not have a witness, the wedding chapel will provide you with one. Tip the minister! Many ministers in Reno rely on gratuities. A minimum gratuity for a minister is $25. $100 tips are not uncommon, as this is your wedding day!
Truckee River Wedding by the Antique Angel
When it comes down to it, a wedding is one part love to two parts event planning. For many brides, a wedding is the biggest event she will ever plan, much less host and star in. Planning a wedding is an exciting undertaking. There are a few items to keep in mind as you're choosing a wedding venue.
Reno offers a wide variety of wedding venues, for all budgets and guest lists. Let's use your personality as a starting point to narrow down the choices! You may want to keep some of the personalities of your guest list in mind, too! If you're constantly stressing about the opinion of your mother-in-law, it may be wise to run a list of venues by her, before making your final decision (or, confidently, move forward with what YOU want!).
Now that you've got the brainstorming wheels turning, consider how much time, money and help you will have in putting on this big event. The more time you have, the less money and help you need, and the more money you have, the less time and help you will need, and of course, the more help you have, the less money and time you will need! See how that works?! Be realistic on how much time and energy you will be able to put into your wedding; if you have kids and a full-time job, a full-service wedding will be your best option! Everything, from invitations to table favors*, takes time, money and help to complete! [We recommend that you seek out a friend with scrapbooking skills to help with your invitations!]
Once you have brainstormed your options, and gotten the approval of your sweetheart (and possibly your mother-in-law), start making phone calls and emails to the appropriate venues. Give the basics of what you are looking for in an easy-to-read format:
-bride and groom names
-proposed wedding date(s)
-number of guests expected
-any special requests, needs or expectations
-amount you wish to spend (this will quickly weed out the venues that are out of your price range!)
Once a wedding venue is secured (plan to pay a small deposit), set aside a time in your day or week to work on your wedding event. Rather than getting overwhelmed with completing all the tasks at once, pace yourself, by giving yourself 20-minute windows throughout the week to make phone calls, gather addresses and write out invitations.
Finally, remember the true purpose of your wedding. The success of your wedding event will not necessarily resemble the success of your marriage; it will simply tell you if you have a future in event planning! The stress of planning your wedding will prepare you for the challenges of communicating with your lover, raising kids, co-mingling money, and setting boundaries with the in-laws. Take that approach when you're dealing with the stress of finding the right wedding venue--it's simply making you a better person, more prepared for a happily ever-after marriage!
*The wedding experts at the Antique Angel Wedding Chapel do not recommend using table favors. We have found that very few guests appreciate all the time and attention brides put into these. Instead, focus your efforts on making sure your guests have comfortable accommodations and transportation to and from your wedding!
Wedding Gown & Tux Rental: $50/each
Ok, so you just realized you really love somebody, you want to get married, but it's the Recession, and honestly, you'd rather invest in a Netflix upgrade than an expensive wedding ceremony.
But one of you has a fairy tale notion about having the perfect, beautiful wedding.
Well, you are in luck. Welcome to Reno, where you can have a cheap wedding that is chic, too.
At the Antique Angel Wedding Chapel your wedding ceremony will be almost exactly what you would experience in a church or upscale wedding venue. There won't be as much time spent on rehearsals or decorating, because, we do a lot of these, and they're really not as complicated as wedding coordinators or TLC would like them to be (we do love our wedding coordinators!).
Our emphasis is on the vows and the ceremony itself, rather than the guestbook, chair ties, or how uncomfortable the bride's shoes are. Of course, the chapels are all decorated from top to bottom, front to back. And we offer all sorts of accessories to fulfill your wedding dreams.
Cheap and Chic! We are here for you and your dreams of a beautiful, meaningful wedding, without the unrealistic expense.
Of all the Wedding Chapels in Reno NV, the Antique Angel Wedding Chapel is the only one that can accommodate up to 125 guests! We also now offer reception packages in collaboration with the Siena Casino.
The fountains are flowing, the flowers are in bloom, and the sun is shining!
If you're planning a wedding Spring, Summer or Fall--plan on marrying at the beautiful Truckee River in downtown Reno. The Antique Angel Wedding Chapel is happy to perform your wedding ceremony at the River.
Consider where the sun will be if you plan on having pictures taken of your wedding. Before noon or after 5:00pm is optimal for lighting and shadowing. A late morning or evening wedding will also ensure that your guests are cool and able to enjoy your ceremony.
To make your day more beautiful, let the Antique Angel Wedding Chapel supply your wedding bouquet, wedding photos, wedding video,